Apple released release candidates for iOS 17.1 and macOS Sonoma 14.1 this week, which makes a full release next week, very likely. They also released a new Apple Pencil with a USB-C port.
Mac Admins | Why Apple’s Silent Approach to Endpoint Security Should be a Wake-Up Call
There’s a lot of security-related events quietly going on under the hood of macOS that could indicate a compromise, but your security team may never know.
The sessions for MacSysAdmin in Gothenburg are available for viewing online. I can really recommend to take the time to view all sessions — it was an excellent line-up this year, that I am very proud to have been a part of.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
🍇macOS Sonoma and iOS 17
- Video Reaction Management for macOS 14+ – Eric Holtam
- Enabling Touch ID authentication for sudo on macOS Sonoma – Rich Trouton
- Re-enabling OpenBSM auditing on macOS Sonoma – Rich Trouton
⚙️macOS and iOS Updates
- Firmware for AirPods 6A305
- Xcode 15.0.1: Developer Release Notes, Mac App Store, Developer Downloads
🔐Security and Privacy
- A Deep Dive into the OceanLotusAdversary Emulation for macOS & Linux – L. Piper, Cat Self, MITRE-Engenuity
- macOS Malware 2023: A Deep Dive into Emerging Trends and Evolving Techniques – Phil Stokes, SentinelOne
🔨Support and HowTos
- Preparing to Migrate to Jamf Cloud – Jamf Tech Thoughts
- Why Return to Service Could Be a Game-Changer for Apple IT – Kandji Blog
🤖Scripting and Automation
- Generate a new PayloadIdentifier and PayloadUUID with a zshell script – Trevor Sysock
- Launching a SwiftUI view from the terminal – Pol Piella
♻️Updates and Releases
- Jamf Pro Release Notes 11.0.0 (Video)
- Installomator v10.5 (blog post)
- JamfCheck v1.4
- XCreds 3.2
- super v4.0.0-beta7
- Jamf After Dark Live at JNUC – Jamf After Dark
- Gene Reich tells all about JNUC – Mac Admins Podcast
- Where Microsoft went wrong in the enterprise – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!